cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Configuration of SearchGenerator
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 11:39:12 GMT
On 27.05.2004 14:04, Harald Wehr wrote:

> I have a search index that needs to be processed by a german analyzer.
> So I tried to configure the cocoon SearchGenerator in the sitemap:
>
> <map:generator name="search"
>    src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator">
>        <analyzer>
>             org.apache.lucene.analysis.de.GermanAnalyzer
>        </analyzer>
> </map:generator>
>
> Without success as SearchGenerator was always using the
> StandardAnalyser. I looked into the source code and found within the
> configure-method following commented code:
>
> // get the analyzer
> //        Analyzer analyzer =
> //LuceneCocoonHelper.getAnalyzer("org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer");

> //        lcs.setAnalyzer(analyzer);
>
> Later I found in the method buildHits() the static class loading of the
> StandardAnalyzer:

> lcs = (LuceneCocoonSearcher)
>    this.manager.lookup(LuceneCocoonSearcher.ROLE);
> Analyzer analyzer =
>    LuceneCocoonHelper.getAnalyzer(
>      "org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer");
> lcs.setAnalyzer(analyzer);
>
> So it seems to me that the SearchGenerator is not as configurable as the
> documentation says. It seems to me that it is always using the
> StandardAnalyzer.

Vadim moved this code around, nearly two and half a year ago:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2-historical/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/Attic/SearchGenerator.java?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&diff_format=h
But obviously it did not work before too. From the comment in
buildHits() I guess once there was the aim to make this configurable.

Joerg