cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [CVS->SVN] Cocoon switching to SVN
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 09:04:40 GMT

The Cocoon project has decided to move to subversion, so we need your
help, along with an indication about when it can be done. TIA

<quick-summary>
We need to export

   cocoon-2.1
   cocoon-2.2
   cocoon-site

to SVN and then lock these CVS modules.

The resulting repo we need is:

   /cocoon/
    /trunk/        (cocoon-2.1 HEAD)
    /tags/         (cocoon-2.1 tags)
    /branches/     (cocoon-2.1 branches)
      /new-kernel/ (cocoon-2.2 HEAD)
    /site/         (cocoon-site HEAD)

</quick-summary>

<long-version>

Currently Cocoon has these repositories:

cocoon-1/
cocoon-2-historical/
cocoon-2.0/
cocoon-2.1/
cocoon-2.2/
cocoon-lenya/
cocoon-site/

But we don't need to convert all of them.

These are frozen and can remain in CVS for now:

cocoon-1/
cocoon-2-historical/
cocoon-2.0/

Lenya should decide indipendently so it's not part of this move:

cocoon-lenya/

The modules we need to move are:

cocoon-2.1/   ->  current trunk
cocoon-2.2/   ->  new kernel branch
cocoon-site/  ->  our site

Basically, this is what we need:

1: convert cocoon-2.1 to SVN

   cocoon-2.1 CVS

   /cocoon/
    /trunk/
    /tags/
    /branches/

2: convert cocoon-site to SVN without branches and tags, and place it
    under cocoon

   cocoon-site CVS

   /cocoon/
    /site/

3: convert cocoon-2.2 without branches and tags to SVN and place it
    as a branch here

   cocoon-2.2 CVS

   /cocoon/
    /branches/