cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: VERY odd exceptions...
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 20:04:05 GMT
On 25.05.2004 13:22, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> Bertrand's problem related to CVS $Id$ in comments makes me think to
>> clock synchronisation problems between the CVS server and the Cocoon
>> server (e.g. modification date moved back in time).
>
> I noticed sometime ago that setting sub-sitemap (not root sitemap!)
> modification time somewhere in the future (or rewinding system clock
> back) breaks system completely. I had no enough time to find a reason
> though...

*puuh* Thank you very much for the hint. The last days I worked with a
Cocoon version from CVS from the beginning of the code freeze and tested
with it extensively. I updated today to the released version, thought I
could simply use it, deployed it on the live server - and got these odd
exceptions. In the noon I read the first 5 mails, but did not care much
about them as the problem did not occur for me - and now I was hit? So I
read on and finally the touch on the sitemap was the solution for the
problem, the live server is some minutes back in time.

BTW, I have *only* a root sitemap and it happened though. While a simple
pipeline (the home page, just aggregation of different files,
transformer, serializer) works, all the next links caused the exception.
These links go to a match calling flowscript and from there back to
sitemap. Maybe this gives a hint on the root of the problem, something
like "2 pipelines must be involved", "pipeline hash" or so.

Joerg