cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VERY odd exceptions...
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 09:17:33 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> I'm having a bunch of problems with Avalon in production... And I
> suppose they're kinda all interconnected.
>
> I get some odd ConcurrentModificationException(s) and
> NullPointerException(s) all coming out from the component manager
> "release/dispose" methods: I suppose that, given that the
> ConcurrentModificationException comes out from my server log,
> Excalibur  catches it, and it tries to dispose of a component, but at
> this point  somehow somewhere it will throw a NullPointerException
> (uncaught, as it  comes out in my System.err log)...
>
> Now, after this sequence of exceptions, from time to time, I start
> getting things like IllegalStateException(s) mentioning that I cannot
> lookup components on a disposed ComponentLocator...
>
> And this is BAD, because to get this working again, I have to SHUT
> DOWN  COCOON, clean up my sitemaps and cocoon.xconf (I mean, removing
> them,  and reverting back to my CVS version, don't ask my why, I don't
> know),  restart it with these new "files" (which didn't change), and
> the  exception goes away...

Bertrand's problem related to CVS $Id$ in comments makes me think to
clock synchronisation problems between the CVS server and the Cocoon
server (e.g. modification date moved back in time).

But what you describe here is really weird: there's absolutely no data
related to sitemap or component manager that is persisted to disk.

Also, is your problem occuring when nothing changes in the system, or is
it related to changes in the sitemap, like Bertrand's case?

Sylvain