cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [IMP] Re: Samples block SWF not working....
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 14:37:06 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Torsten Curdt dijo:
>

>>Though I think we should deprecate
>>the SWF stuff anyway. The used library
>>is dead and still needs some work.
>>

>>WDYT? Fix it and deprecate it after
>>2.1.5 is out? ...and of course replace
>>it it with a flash example.
>>

>While I am not a Flash fan. I thought it is not good idea to deprecated
>it. Because many people is using flash or just this is the perception I
>got in my country. Seems to be a "hot" technology around web designers.
>They are developing or looking for "flash" these days. I know Cocoon is a
>step forward of these solutions. But the same as JSP I think we can
>support it as an entry point for some people.

Modern Flash movies can collect data using XML over HTTP. So there
doesn't seem much point in actually generating the movie itself from
within Cocoon. I'd build a flash movie as a static entity, and have it
collect its data from Cocoon as XML over HTTP.

So, I'm not sure that this thing is that useful really. Don't know.

Regards, Upayavira