cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: AW: Custom Transformers
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 23:38:25 GMT
On 21.05.2004 05:31, Tony Collen wrote:

> By using the LogTransformer before and after my transformer, it seems
> that once startRecording() is called, no events are sent to my
> tranformer.  I would assume that calling endRecording() would turn that
> off, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Can anyone tell me where I'm
> going wrong?  I notices the SourceWritingTransformer keeps a stack... am
> I going to have to keep track of the elements I see once I've started
> recording?

Hello Tony,

from what I see it's not your fault. Something is broken with the
TextRecorder/AbstractSAXTransformer. All the events after
startTextRecording() go to the TextRecorder() and not to your
transformer, so endElement() is never called on your transformer, but
goes to the TextRecorder() that inherits the empty implementation of
endElement() from the NOPRecorder. Unfortunately I don't see how to fix it.

Joerg