cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release on monday
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 12:59:23 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> I need to remove the test-suite and use samples/test, and confirm that
> Ugo's fixes have made the CocoonBeanTestCase work, and then re-enable it.

A word of caution. My fixes add the blocks directory and block-provided
jars to the classpath for tests and make the "junit-tests" target depend
upon the "blocks" target.

This is necessary because the CocoonBeanTestCase loads
"build/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf", which contains references to
components provided by blocks.

This strikes me as a typical anti-pattern. What are we testing here? The
CocoonBean or the components that it relies upon? If it's the latter,
fine, but it's not a unit test anymore, it's an integration test and
does not belong under the "junit-tests" target. If it's the former, it
should be testable in isolation.

In any case, it would be probably advisable to load the CocoonBean under
test with a cocoon.xconf derived from a "no-blocks-included" configuration.

	WDYT?

		Ugo