cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IMP] Something is wrong with out stores
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 09:15:47 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>The more I look into this store problem, the more I get confused.
>
>I think I understood from Sylvains explanation that the persistent
>store should only be used by our store as a back up.
>Looking through our code, I found out, that some components
>still use the persistent store:
>- StatusGenerator
>- ClearPersistentStoreAction
>- EventAwareCaching
>
>So, should we simply change them to use the store?

StatusGenerator explicitely display information about the various
stores, and as Upayavira said ClearPersistentStoreAction clears, well...
the persistent store.

So it can be considered legal for them to access the persistent store
*if it exists*. We should just test this using manager.hasService() to
ensure proper operation when no persistent store exists (StatusGenerator
already has some protection for this).

As for EventAwareCaching, it seems I forgot it during the cache cleanup,
and it should use the regular Store.ROLE instead of using directly the
persistent store.

Sylvain