cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [IMP] Something is wrong with out stores
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 08:11:49 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>The more I look into this store problem, the more I get confused.
>
>I think I understood from Sylvains explanation that the persistent
>store should only be used by our store as a back up.
>Looking through our code, I found out, that some components
>still use the persistent store:
>- StatusGenerator
>- ClearPersistentStoreAction
>- EventAwareCaching
>
>So, should we simply change them to use the store?

Well, no. Surely the StatusGenerator is telling you the state of the
persistent store, the ClearPersistentStoreAction is, well, need I say
(not sure about the EventAwareCaching). Probably what Sylvain was saying
is that nothing stores objects directly into the persistent store, they
all go via the default store. But, for status, etc, reasons, it seems
okay to me to access the persistent store directly.

Upayavira