cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: Status of repository block and webdav question.
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 06:58:13 GMT
Johann Romefort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone provide me with a quick note status about the repository
> block? Is there something already useable in the CVS?
> Also I m wondering what are the pros and cons about using Slide block or
> WebDAV block.

My take on this is:

Consider using the Slide block for in-VM repository access for max
performance.

Use WebDAV for remote repository access for max flexibility.

Both are to be considered unstable (i.e. alpha). Both contain parts
being used in productions systems today.

Both are likely to be influenced by JSR170 (which just went into public
review). But this IMHO heavily depends of the availability (and nature)
of a RI and how the Slide project/community is willing/able to adopt it.

> I assume that the WebDav block
> is planned to work with the repository block and the flow, and that
> Slide is a bit more decoupled from that stuff, but I not sure I
> understands the implications of taking one block or the other...
> And my
> last question: .what version of Slide is currently integrated in Cocoon?

2.0

Guido

--
Guido Casper