cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [RT] Serviceable considered harmful (was Re: XSP not working in CVS head?)
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 16:36:55 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> The "byType" autowiring is more or less what I was talking about, but
> requires the wiring to become explicit as soon as more than one
> implementation exist in the system, which actually makes it less useful.

I see what you mean. I think there are concepts in Spring (and other
containers) that should be incorporated in the design of Cocoon 3, even
if their actual implementation is different. OTOH, it will probably take
*years* for that design to solidify and who knows how Spring will change
in that timeframe. If we can give them some inputs, maybe we can help
shape it to better fit our needs.

> They have an impressive doc!

There's also a book coming out soon [1].

	Ugo

[1]
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764558315/beblogging-20?ref=nosim