cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [RT] Serviceable considered harmful (was Re: XSP not working in CVS head?)
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 16:00:47 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Makes me think: does Spring has the concept of "default component"? i.e.
> a bean that will be injected for dependencies of a given type that
> aren't explicitely written in the configuration file.
>
> <bean name="parser" default-impl-of="org.apache.excalibur.xml.Parser"
> class="..."/>

3.3.4. Autowiring collaborators

"Spring has autowire capabilities, which means it's possible to
automatically let Spring resolve collaborators (other beans) for your
bean by inspecting the BeanFactory/ApplicationContext. The autowiring
functionality has four modes. Autowiring is specified per bean and can
thus be enabled for some beans, while other beans won't be autowired.
Using autowiring, it is possible to reduce or eliminate the need to
specify properties or constructor arguments." [1]

Might be pertinent, but I don't know, I need to study it further.

	Ugo

[1]
http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/beans.html#beans-factory-autowire