cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Revert JCS, Re: XSP not working in CVS head?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 14:33:43 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>of luck unless we modify EHCache (shouldn't be too much work, but we
>>should ask the EHCache developers before doing a fork).
>
> yet another fork? How many forks we will have for Cocoon:
>
> Rhino
> Jisp (evaluated as a solution at a time).
> Now ehcache?
>
> It is going to be very hard to mantain.... I think it is a bad idea.

Yes. It's a very bad idea. I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear. What I
meant to say is: "we should ask the EHCache developers /instead of/
doing a fork".

I don't advocate forking it unless it's the last resort. But if we must,
keep in mind that EHCache is just 11 classes (+2 for the Hibernate
plugin, which we don't need) with a comprehensive test suite, so if push
comes to shove, we would have no problems maintaining it ourselves.

	Ugo