cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Revert JCS, Re: XSP not working in CVS head?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 14:00:16 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Now, the big question: does this work with EHCache?
> The documentation seems to imply that serializability is necessary only
> for objects spooled to disk, but from looking at the source, I was

I've checked and unfortunately, you can only add a
net.sf.ehcache.Element to a cache, and all the constructors for Element
take a Serializable as the type for the "value" parameter, so we're out
of luck unless we modify EHCache (shouldn't be too much work, but we
should ask the EHCache developers before doing a fork).

	Ugo