cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/m arkupLogicsheet.java
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 12:59:34 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
>

>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>Vadim Gritsenko dijo:

>>>??... Can you explain why you think we need to revert? It is working now.
>>>I am testing it and seems it is OK.
>>>

>>First, take a look at the class in question. It contains:
>>
>>1)    private Logger logger; /* from AbstractLogEnabled */
>>2)    private SourceResolver resolver;
>>3)    private String systemId;
>>4)    protected Map namespaceURIs = new HashMap();
>>5)    private ServiceManager manager;
>>
>>While 3 and 4 are Serializable, the rest is not. Now, please explain how
>>fields 1, 2, and 5 will be de-serialized. I can tell you default Java
>>behavior in this scenario: they will be null. Next, imaging how those
>>XSP pages you are testing will work when 1,2, and 5 are null.
>>

>OK. I am a Java newbie. I have a question: Why and how it is working now?
>I ran almost all the samples, even the long ones and it seems to be
>worked. If we have concerns. I have ask at the JCP developers list. Maybe
>they can tell us why this work.

It does not work if you first save cache to disk, and then load cache
from the disk. Uncomment cache-directory parameter first to move cache
outside of Jetty temp directory.

BTW, quick test showed that JCS does not persist its cache on shutdown -
four files created by JCS (groupIdCache.data, groupIdCache.key,
main.data, main.key) are empty. One more reason to revert.

Vaidm