cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/m arkupLogicsheet.java
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 12:32:31 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
>

>>Please revert. This object is *not* serializable. How ServiceManager and
>>the rest will be de-serialized???
>>

>??... Can you explain why you think we need to revert? It is working now.
>I am testing it and seems it is OK.

First, take a look at the class in question. It contains:

1)    private Logger logger; /* from AbstractLogEnabled */
2)    private SourceResolver resolver;
3)    private String systemId;
4)    protected Map namespaceURIs = new HashMap();
5)    private ServiceManager manager;

While 3 and 4 are Serializable, the rest is not. Now, please explain how
fields 1, 2, and 5 will be de-serialized. I can tell you default Java
behavior in this scenario: they will be null. Next, imaging how those
XSP pages you are testing will work when 1,2, and 5 are null.

Vadim