cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Wiki conversion status
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 18:55:54 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Upayavira wrote:
>

>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>It would be good to handle this somehow. We don't want to
>>>encourage people to create a new Wiki page, just because
>>>a text term uses CamelCase.
>>>
>>>This is a big problem with describing our Cocoon bits and
>>>pieces, e.g. DirectoryGenerator. The CamelCase gets used
>>>so often in our descriptions.
>>>
>>>We would rather that links were deliberately made to the
>>>relevant cocoon.apache.org main documentation, wouldn't we?
>>>
>>>Also if it makes links out of everything it sees, then we
>>>will end up with link disease, where a term that is used
>>>multiple times in a sentence has many repetitive links.
>>>

>>This is a feature of Moin that is configurable - does CamelCase get
>>interpreted as a link? The rest of Apache has it switched on.
>>

>Well, all Apache projects are different. I would like it switched
>off if it causes such damage. What do others think.
>

>>But it is odd how it works. JXTemplateGenerator will only see
>>TemplateGenerator as the link without the JX. It is going to be tough
>>just using this, as even when we've done the conversion people are going
>>to be inadvertently adding CamelCase to their new Wiki pages.
>>
>>I guess I can give my regexp skills another test to see if I can come up
>>with a CamelCase detector, but I'm a little reluctant. Is it really
>>important?
>>

>Yes, i think so, for the reasons described above.

Okay, I'll have a go. But I make no guarantees. We'll see how I get on.
It is quite a complex problem - to precede all occurances of CamelCase,
that isn't in a link, with an exclamation mark.

>>Upayavira, who's trying to avoid a bit more work!
>>

>Thanks, and we do not want to hold you up in any way.

Thanks. I'll try not to get held up like I did last time (was it two
months long?) ;-)

>Is this something that can be switched off by default
>and we switch it on if we decide that we want it?

I think it can be switched on on a per wiki basis, but the issue is
whether we want to do something different from the rest of Apache.

Upayavira