cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Wiki conversion status
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 08:01:19 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Upayavira wrote:
>

>>The only remaining thing I _could_ do is where Moin detects CamelCase
>>and makes links of it. These can be worked around with !CamelCase, which
>>stops it becoming a link. But that one we can do manually when we see
>>it. ...
>>

>It would be good to handle this somehow. We don't want to
>encourage people to create a new Wiki page, just because
>a text term uses CamelCase.
>
>This is a big problem with describing our Cocoon bits and
>pieces, e.g. DirectoryGenerator. The CamelCase gets used
>so often in our descriptions.
>
>We would rather that links were deliberately made to the
>relevant cocoon.apache.org main documentation, wouldn't we?
>
>Also if it makes links out of everything it sees, then we
>will end up with link disease, where a term that is used
>multiple times in a sentence has many repetitive links.

This is a feature of Moin that is configurable - does CamelCase get
interpreted as a link? The rest of Apache has it switched on.

But it is odd how it works. JXTemplateGenerator will only see
TemplateGenerator as the link without the JX. It is going to be tough
just using this, as even when we've done the conversion people are going
to be inadvertently adding CamelCase to their new Wiki pages.

I guess I can give my regexp skills another test to see if I can come up
with a CamelCase detector, but I'm a little reluctant. Is it really
important?

Upayavira, who's trying to avoid a bit more work!