cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Wiki conversion status
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 07:57:47 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Links inside headings are not handled
>e.g. http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BlockDescriptions
>should have a local link in the heading which goes to
>our Batik wiki page.
>
>old: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BlockDescriptions
>
>I presume that would be a minor problem. People could add
>them post-conversion.

This is something Moin can't do. This is something I think we'll just
have to do manually post (or pre-) conversion. Just move the link out of
the heading.

David Crossley wrote:

>The process of running the conversion script is an
>excellent opportunity to automatically catch some spam
>that has crept in.
>
>There is no doubt that we have missed some vandalism
>cases. We are only a few humans trying to manually catch it.
>Also remember the problem with the diff notification that
>only runs every hour and we only get the most recent change.
>
>Is it possible to generate a list of vandalised pages?
>For example one pattern is "emmss.com".
>
>On the other hand, we could probably run some 'find | grep'
>commands on the server-side after the conversion.

If we can come up with simple rules as to how to implement this, then
yes, but I'd rather just get the conversion done. I've got an exclusions
file which says which pages to exclude from conversion. I can add files
to that.

Otherwise, I think a manual grep for http:// would probably be a good
idea, and then edit the links out via the gui.

Regards, Upayavira