cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Release tomorrow
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 16:39:01 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> One of these, EHCache is what Hibernate has been shipping successfully
> for a few months now. It's a *very* lightweight package compared to JCS
> and only provides a memory cache with disk overflow capabilities. It's
> licensed with an Apache 1.0 license. The issues concerning copyright
> owner I reported earlier have been solved. I've been using it in at
> least three production sites for a few months now without having any
> problems.

I'm glad to hear that.

> The advantage of JCS is that it boasts a lot more functionality
> (distributed, pluggable, etc) and of course that it is an apache
> project.

I actually think having more functionality is not an advantage. Less is
more! Most users will be better served by a simpler solution, and they
can always switch to JCS by editing cocoon.xconf when (and *if*) they
have the need.

So, I propose to:

- move the EHCache store out of scratchpad
- make it the default implementation
- possibly move the JCS store out of the scratchpad

	Ugo