cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [vote] Reschedule the release
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 14:45:41 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Given the current discussions about the problems in the
>persistent store, it seems not to be such a good idea
>to release today.
>So, I think we should simply reschedule the release. It
>seems that switching to EHCache is the most painless
>solution for now (JCSCache would be good as well but
>it seems that they still have problems and we shouldn't
>wait for them).
>So, what do you think about:
>- switching to EHCache now

+1 even if EHCache is not as "ASF-friendly" as JCS (referring to David's 
post) but just works (referring here to JCS shutdown problems)

>- testing it in the next days


>- stick to the code freeze of course

+1. Grmbl... need to delay these pending commits ;-)

>- release on monday/tuesday if no issues arise

-0. Same as Ugo here : let's test it a few more days. A good way to 
shake it is to set the <max-objects> configuration of the <store> to a 
very small number.


Sylvain Wallez                                  Anyware Technologies 
{ XML, Java, Cocoon, OpenSource }*{ Training, Consulting, Projects }

View raw message