cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Wiki conversion status
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 14:31:56 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino (on infrastructure@) wrote:

> Yup. I have (a few) experience with MoinMoin and, of course, would
> love to see the Cocoon wiki migrate here. :-)

Given your expression of interest, I have restarted my work on JSP->Moin
conversion.

If you read no further - read this: Please review the wiki at
wiki.apache.org/cocoon. I consider this to be a valid final pass at the
wiki conversion (on data that is a few weeks out of date). I believe
that all the remaining conversion issues should be handled manually, if
you disagree, please let me know.

No, to move on:

The one outstanding problem was that the script was converting things
that appeared in {{{ }}}, which it shouldn't. For example, on the
LoadBalancingWithModProxy, there is a [P,L] which was getting converted
to [:P,L]. When I tried using this within Apache, it took me quite some
time to work out that the problem was with my Wiki conversion rather
than with Apache! Anyway, I believe I have fixed this already, and will
have uploaded a new version by the time you read this.

The only remaining thing I _could_ do is where Moin detects CamelCase
and makes links of it. These can be worked around with !CamelCase, which
stops it becoming a link. But that one we can do manually when we see
it. The previous {{{}}} problem would have been too esoteric to fix
manually and thus needed to be done within the script.

The other thing that was unresolved, but now works, is admin access to
the wiki. After I do a small change, anyone within the cocoon group on
Minotaur (all Cocoon committers) can add a password so that they can
have administrative access to the wiki (e.g. deleting/reverting pages,
etc, I believe).

So, I need people to review the site at wiki.apache.org/cocoon, and to
point out anything that is unacceptable. If no objections, we should
make the JSP wiki read only, run the conversion script, upload the new
content to wiki.apache.org. The new wiki will then be live. After that
(as Steven has previously suggested), some clever mod_rewrite rules on
wiki.cocoondev.org could redirect people to the new Wiki. The below
would do _most_ of it:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  Wiki.jsp
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ?page=(abc)
RewriteRule .* http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/%1 [R=301]

So, please review the new wiki conversion, and hopefully we can switch
pretty soon. If I hear nothing, I'll start a vote in a few days.

Regards, Upayavira