cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [heads up] [cforms] fi:styling/@type="output" ignored on widg ets with datatype=date.
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 18:40:04 GMT
On 13.05.2004 09:48, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> <xsl:template match="fi:field[not(fi:styling/@type)]">
>  <xsl:choose>
>    <xsl:when test="fi:datatype[@type='date']">
>      ... calendar popup ...
>    </xsl:when>
>    <xsl:otherwise>
>      <xsl:apply-imports/>
>    </xsl:otherwise>
>  </xsl:choose>
> </xsl:template>
>
> OOP inheritance applied to XSLT!

I chose the old template selection style by complicating the matching
pattern. It makes no real difference whether adding xsl:when test inside
or changing the matching pattern.

But I had an ICQ session yesterday with Claas Thiele about JSF/Cocoon
render manager/kit stuff. At the end it is obvious IMO: the cforms
stylesheets simply miss a separation of renderer selection and rendering
itself. At the moment we put the template selection into the match
patterns and the rendering into the templates. The match patterns can
therefore become complicated fast. If we put parts of the template
selection into the template as it is done in the above sample it might
get even worse - despite OOP inheritance. The render manager solves this
by selecting the renderers - even directory based similar to the i18n
transformer selecting the catalogue to use.

Joerg