cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject [Fwd: Re: [Heads-Up] List Etiquette & Return Recipts (Was: Re: Asking again Portal framework login issue)]
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 11:53:57 GMT
Ooops, sent to wrong list.  Anyone know enough about ezmlm?

Geoff

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Tony Collen wrote:
>
>> This is a just general FYI for anyone who posts to the user and -dev
>> lists:
>>
>> *Please un-set the option which causes your mail client to request a
>> return receipt!*

> A good way to "invite" people to disable this option is for everybody to
> send the return receipt. I'm sure receiving several hundreds of
> confirmations will make them run to their mailer preferences to disable
> the feature ;-)

As this is controlled by the Disposition-Notification-To header (IIUC) can ezmlm
be configured to strip this off all messages before relaying to the list?  I
hate these things too, but know that some people use them for most business
communication and probably can't pick settings per-email.

Geoff