cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using CocoonBean in a CocoonServlet
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 15:46:41 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> In one of our projects, we use CocoonBean in a CocoonServlet
> environment to dump a collection of generated documents on disk. Doing
> this, we encountered two problems:
>
> - CocoonComponentManager.checkEnvironment barfs and throws an
> Exception since the servlet environment exists on the stack when the
> CocoonBean starts its processing.
>  Obvious solution is to remove this test, as indicated in the method's
> comments.

I'm okay with it. Although it would be better if the Bean within a
servlet could share the Cocoon object, along with all that goes with it.
That would make the Bean really quick to start up. I believe Unico had
ideas about this.

> - CocoonWrapper reconfigures the default log hierarchy which is also
> used by CocoonServlet, thus leading to a big mess in loggers.
>  I have a simple patch here that makes CocoonBean create its own
> hierarchy.

I'm okay with this. Never looked much at the logging code myself.

> I consider these as bugs and would like to commit the changes even if
> we're in code freeze. Note that this changes _nothing_ when CocoonBean
> is run in normal CLI mode.

Regards, Upayavira