cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Using CocoonBean in a CocoonServlet
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 13:20:01 GMT
Hi folks,

In one of our projects, we use CocoonBean in a CocoonServlet environment
to dump a collection of generated documents on disk. Doing this, we
encountered two problems:

- CocoonComponentManager.checkEnvironment barfs and throws an Exception
since the servlet environment exists on the stack when the CocoonBean
starts its processing.
  Obvious solution is to remove this test, as indicated in the method's
comments.

- CocoonWrapper reconfigures the default log hierarchy which is also
used by CocoonServlet, thus leading to a big mess in loggers.
  I have a simple patch here that makes CocoonBean create its own hierarchy.

I consider these as bugs and would like to commit the changes even if
we're in code freeze. Note that this changes _nothing_ when CocoonBean
is run in normal CLI mode.
Any objections?

Sylvain