cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon after 2.1.5
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 08:17:20 GMT
On 09.05.2004 23:14, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Considering all our version discussions, we want the next Cocoon
> version to be a minor version change, so this will be 2.2.
> We will put new features into it that were planned for 2.2 anyway,
> perhaps except blocks.
>
> Pier suggested that we follow the Linux versioning, so the version
> numbers .0, .2, etc. mark stable versions whereas .1,.3 etc. mark
> developer versions.
> If we want to follow this, we should imho skip 2.2, use 2.3 to
> indicate a developer version and 2.4 will then be the final and
> stable version.
>
> WDYT?

Is this not a bit different then our release guide? I thought we will
have a sandbox branch, that is merged (partly) into the head on demand.
The head remains at that time with the current version and before each
release we decide whether we have to increment only patch or if
necessary minor or even major release number. I prefer this system over
the above linux system.

Joerg