cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [GUMP@lsd]: cocoon-2.1/cocoon failed
Date Sun, 09 May 2004 18:49:28 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>So, we have three choices:
>>(1) Accept that Gump just will not work until we fix this. Not really
>>acceptable
>>(2) Remove the CocoonBeanTestCase
>>(3) Someone more versed in Avalon initialisation have a look into
>>getting the test case working on a full Cocoon.
>>

>Don't know if a 4th interests you. Does the Cocoon build allow you to
>separate compilation/jaring from testing? Meaning could you call one ant
>target to compile/jar (without testing) and another to test? If so, we could
>split the Cocoon project into cocoon and cocoon-test and have folks depend
>solely upon the former. This would allow you to take some time & decide upon
>how to resolve the tests.

It isn't just the compilation - it is the building of the Avalon
configuration that causes some components to be initialised. It is the
initialisation that fails.

We could build Cocoon twice, which would get around it. But, to be
honest, I'd rather we looked into getting the thing fixed. For an Avalon
guru, I don't think it would be hard.

Regards, Upayavira