cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [GUMP@lsd]: cocoon-2.1/cocoon failed
Date Sun, 09 May 2004 07:46:48 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 08.05.2004 15:29, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>
>> If you could add :
>>
>>     <junitreport nested="build/cocoon-@@DATE@@/test/output"/>
>
> Applied it. Thanks.
>
> I can also reproduce the failure on my local system. When I tried to
> do all tests some days ago (NetUtils.normalize()) it still worked.

Hmm. Now there's an interesting consequence of the CocoonBeanTestCase.
It was supposed to just test one method, and when run on a Cocoon with
only a few blocks, it works fine. But....

I haven't been able to run the Bean on a complete Cocoon since I can
remember. So this test case has inadvertently shown up a bigger error.

I've started trying to locate the code that breaks it, but am not enough
of an Avalon guru to be able to follow it all through. I suspect it is
to do with not having servlet.jar in the classpath. I've got a local
patch on the Deli block that should remove one such problem (attached),
but when trying to debug this I've felt like I'm working pretty much in
the dark.

So, we have three choices:
(1) Accept that Gump just will not work until we fix this. Not really
acceptable
(2) Remove the CocoonBeanTestCase
(3) Someone more versed in Avalon initialisation have a look into
getting the test case working on a full Cocoon.

Thoughts?

Regards, Upayavira