cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] integrating the Radeox wiki parser in Cocoon?
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 05:51:13 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> So, assuming the license stuff is taken core of, should we:
>
> [ ] Write a RadeoxWikiGenerator and distribute the Radeox binaries in
> the chaperon block
> [ ] Create a new radeox block for this new RadeoxWikiGenerator
> [ ] Stay with the Chaperon-based wiki parser as *the* Cocoon wiki parser
> and forget about Radeox
>
> WDYT?

I don't want to rain on anyones parade here, but do we need it?
I understand it's useful and that 'it can be done' but for crying out
loud: is this really a sample of a fundamentally new thing to cocoon?
Or does it survive the 80/20 rule saying it's needed in 80% of cocoon's
use cases out there?

Since I'm not convinced I'm adding option 4:

[x] Don't add it to cocoon cvs (even if license issues are fixed), find
a nice and comfy hosting spot out there, mention it on wiki pages,
potentially add a link to some 'blocks out there page' to be added to
the xdocs,...

regards,
-marc=