cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/xml SaxBuffer.java
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 23:00:08 GMT
On 04.05.2004 20:21, bruno@apache.org wrote:

> bruno       2004/05/04 11:21:50
>
>   Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/xml SaxBuffer.java
>   Log:
>   * made the event classes and their data members public
>   * added getBits() method
>   This allows to use SaxBuffer for situations where you want
>   to process XML parse events in pull style: first buffer the
>   input in the SaxBuffer, and then (eg in endDocument) start
>   reading the events out of it.

I have also written a AbstractSAXBufferTransformer, which is very
similar to AbstractDOMTransformer. For replacing strings I needed to
buffer, but I did not want to create a DOM and so I simply jumped into
the SAX events when they came in and when they were replayed from the
buffer. At the end I have my AbstractStringReplaceTransformer and an
extended special one, that implements the transform() method specific to
my needs.

If there is any interest ...

Joerg