cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <>
Subject Re: Supersonic block has landed (Power Trio tutorial/example app)
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 21:51:54 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 4 mai 04, à 23:04, Upayavira a écrit :
>> ...In a block called tutorials, I think this could be an invaluable
>> addition.
> likes the name supersonic ;-)
> The idea is a very quick, "supersonic" tour of the most important things
> in Cocoon. Next step towards understanding is to take another slower,
> more complete tour of the parts that you want to study, but that's
> another story (and IMHO another block).
> I wouldn't want many tutorials to be mixed in a single block: I think it
> is important for people to be able to look at the contents of the
> supersonic (or whatever it is called if the general consensus is to
> change the name) block and know that the files found there are all it
> takes to build the examples and the related presentation stuff. Makes it
> more modular and understandable.
> I think the name is distinctive enough to stick. "Supersonic Tour" -
> just a small, standalone and understandable Cocoon application which
> shows the most important things. Once the word gets around that this is
> a good entry point for beginners, people won't have trouble finding it.

Hm, I think it's fine as "supersonic".  I have to agree with Bertrand
that the name sticks out and will be easy to find.  Besides, that's what
we have the BlocksDescriptions page on the Wiki for.

Plus, if we name it tutorials, does that mean the rest of the tutorials
in the docs should go there as well?

> -Bertrand

View raw message