cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Supersonic block has landed (Power Trio tutorial/example app)
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 21:04:24 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> I've just committed the new "supersonic" block, a tutorial/example app
> called "Supersonic Tour of Apache Cocoon", focused on Pipelines, Flow,
> Forms (aka "the Power Trio").
>
> It is accessible from the "blocks with samples" page if you run the
> current Cocoon CVS version.
>
> The tutorial is meant to be studied independently of other docs, and
> give a quick overview of the most important components of Cocoon.
>
> There are probably a few typos here and there, and I'm no Forms guru
> (yet..) so enhancements are certainly possible (for example: why does
> this "Calendar" link show up next to the date entry fields ;-)
>
> Enjoy, and as always feedback and contributions are very welcome!

Haven't looked at this yet (but expect it to be good!). My immediate
response is 'why the name supersonic'. It obfuscates the contents of the
block. Why not just have a tutorial block, or a tutorials block if there
are more than one in there? That way it is completely obvious to someone
looking at Cocoon what is in there, and they'll be off coding, without
any additional help from us. But with this name, it just becomes one
amongst many unclear names: fop, deli, cron, batik, axis, slide, slop,
stx, velocity, etc, etc, etc.

In a block called tutorials, I think this could be an invaluable addition.

Regards, Upayavira