cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon context "incomplete"
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 21:47:01 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke <at> gmx.de> writes:
>

>>For putting ServerFaces and Cocoon together a friend of mine (Claas
>>Thiele, you might know him) needs the Cocoon context to provide some
>>more methods of the ServletContext.
>>
>>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
>>func=detail&aid=932342&group_id=89524&atid=590402
>>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/patchwork/xfaces/src/
>>org/ct42/xfaces/faces/context/CocoonExternalContext.java
>>
>>WDYT?
>>

>If no one objects I will add the missing methods to the HttpContext, so that we
>can at least down cast to the needed context object. I will wait 3 days.

Adding this method on HttpContext doesn't hurt in any way, since it
doesn't change the interface shared with other Context implementations.

So +1 for this.

Now the question is to know if JSF can work outside of the servlet
environment. If this is the case, you may also want to change the
Context interface also. But this would require a vote because it's an
incompatible change for people having written their own environments
(not sure there aren't that much though).

BTW, why integrate JSF and Cocoon when we have CForms?

Sylvain