cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Repeater is not a ContainerWidget?
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 21:40:43 GMT
Tim Larson wrote:

>We can solve this container issue by pulling in a couple ideas:
>  ReiserFS: Every file can also be a directory.
>  Gnu-Hurd: Hierarchial filesystem translators.

<snip/>

>Widgets would reside in a WidgetSystem and navigation would be
>performed by negotiating with the WidgetSystem, which may call
>back to the widgets for rights, special semantics, views, etc.
>For example, the WidgetSystem could be made smart to understand
>that some widget collections are ordered and for these support
>positional inserts.

These are very interesting ideas...

>The main problem seems to be how to write java ioctl calls to
>the widgets...

... but which don't seem to help much :-/

C'mon guys, this repeater/container story starts to become crazy.

If we aren't able to determine if widgets that do have children are
containers or non-containers, let's put back this getWidget method (or
getChild, for what my opinion is worth) on the Widget interface and go
to the next item in the todo list.

Sylvain