cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [cforms] upload widget styling
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 16:59:01 GMT
[catching up unread mails...]

Bruno Dumon wrote:

>I actually think the styling is very logical. When you submit the form,
>the data is uploaded and the upload widget holds the reference to the
>uploaded data. When after that the form is redisplayed, you don't want
>the upload to happen again next time the user submits the form. That's
>why the filename is displayed instead. If the user wants to upload
>something else instead, he/she can press the "..." button.

As the writer of this widget, I just can confirm that Bruno's
explanation is totally right ;-)

If an <input type="file"> is always displayed, the user has no visual
feedback indicating if the file was already successfully uploaded or if
she needs to select a file. Also, if the "..." button isn't present, the
user has no means to reset the empty the upload widget.