cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apologies (was Re: formation@anyware-tech.com)
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 09:22:26 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 1 mai 04, à 00:15, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>
>> ..Sending announcements to -users doesn't seem more appropriate to me
>> than spamming grabbed email addresses...
>

> Same as others, I have no problem with Cocoon-related commercial
> announcements on our lists provided
>
> a) sender is in some way a member of the community
> b) such messages are clearly marked for example with [ANN] (or maybe a
> new [BIZ]) marker in the subject
> c) the number of such messages stays low.

Ok, there seems to be a general consensus for this approach, which after
more thinking I find finally better than "underground" uncontrolled spam.

Next question is if we consider that listing commercial resources on our
website is a good thing or not. We already have a training section [1],
in the "external resources" section (yes, Anyware is there), but we may
want to move it to a new "commercial resources" section containing other
kinds of resources (consulting, products, etc). IMO, this is as
important as listing live sites, as it shows newcomers that Cocoon is a
well established and widely used product for which they can find many
kinds of commercial support.

Struts has such a list of external resources, but although it used to be
on the Apache website, the link now points to an SF project [2] (powered
by Forrest BTW)

WDYT?

Sylvain

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/link/training.html