cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [IMP] Re: Samples block SWF not working....
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 06:04:25 GMT
Torsten Curdt dijo:
> Though I think we should deprecate
> the SWF stuff anyway. The used library
> is dead and still needs some work.

> WDYT? Fix it and deprecate it after
> 2.1.5 is out? ...and of course replace
> it it with a flash example.

While I am not a Flash fan. I thought it is not good idea to deprecated
it. Because many people is using flash or just this is the perception I
got in my country. Seems to be a "hot" technology around web designers.
They are developing or looking for "flash" these days. I know Cocoon is a
step forward of these solutions. But the same as JSP I think we can
support it as an entry point for some people.

WDYT?

BTW, I was reviewing the CVS of the spark library and the newest commit is
2 years old (the exception is a 21 month license file). As you, I think
the project is dead.

If someone what to check it:
CVS repo: http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/spark-xml/
Website:  http://developer.berlios.de/projects/spark-xml/