cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Large xml's in cocoon
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 14:55:43 GMT
Anna Bikkina dijo:
> Hi,
>
> I have a xml file that contains database rows. If the number of rows are
> greater than 5000 then cocoon fails to tranform them to html and display
> them. It gives a blank page with no errors.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a way I can  make cocoon
> perform
> better with big xml.?

Hi:

Cocoon can manage it. Please check your catalina.out to see if there is a
"Out Of Memory error"  If this is the case, then you need to allow your
servlet container (Tomcat, jetty, etc.) use more memory. I managed to
transform some files with more than 10,000 rows.

If you don't have any error in catalina.out, then there is no error and
maybe the browser is taking a lot of time to render the page:

If we generate a big HTML file with a lot of rows. It generates a lot of
and that is the cause of the apparently long delay in the response.

BTW, you can see the Cocoon response time in /WEB-INF/logs/access.log
file. The rest of the time is used by the browser to render the page.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.