cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon after 2.1.5
Date Sun, 09 May 2004 21:37:21 GMT
I like this, but this has some implications on support.  If this is done
"just like Linux" there will continue to be maintenance releases of 2.1
while 2.3 is underway. When 2.4 is released there will be maintenance
releases of it while 2.5 is being developed.  This seems to be a little
different than how things are currently done.  There will also need to be
decisions about whether enhancements should be allowed in a stable release
or just fixes.

I would recommend that whatever policy is decided upon be documented on the
web site along with the "support contract" you drew up a few weeks ago.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 2:14 PM
To: Cocoon-Dev
Subject: Cocoon after 2.1.5

Considering all our version discussions, we want the next Cocoon
version to be a minor version change, so this will be 2.2.
We will put new features into it that were planned for 2.2 anyway,
perhaps except blocks.

Pier suggested that we follow the Linux versioning, so the version
numbers .0, .2, etc. mark stable versions whereas .1,.3 etc. mark
developer versions.
If we want to follow this, we should imho skip 2.2, use 2.3 to
indicate a developer version and 2.4 will then be the final and
stable version.

WDYT?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler