cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Fed up with build discussions: proposed deal
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 12:41:32 GMT
On 26 May 2004, at 23:39, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Care to comment about the other points? I cannot help myself thinking
>> that Cocoon's adoption of Depot is more important for them than for
>> us.
>
> I share that perception.

We had a similar thing with Centipede and Forrest a long time ago. It
was good to have it, but in the end we went our own way (or that's at
least what I remember from it, and it's been a long time since I
checked).

> But I think you understand that unlike Nicola, I'm not against Maven
> for personal reasons.

I really do understand you. No harm was intended at all.

>> Of course Gump is important. Given that, and the number of projects
>> using Maven, can't one assume that eventually they will live
>> peacefully together?
>
> There is operation going on. The problem is that Maven tries hard to
> *not* be compatible with ant.

Crap. :-(

> I say that nicola works on his version and if somebody wants
> (antonio?) they can work on the maven version and then we decide.

Seems fair to me. Do Depot & Maven agree on repository layout and
artefact distribution?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org