cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [portal] Implementing Login coplet with CForms
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 19:33:42 GMT

--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:
> Alex Romayev wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I'm a bit confused and not sure where to
> start.
> >
> > This is what I'm trying to achieve.  I'd like to
> replace
> > portal login form with CForm (using actions, not
> flow), to
> > use its validation.  So the most interesting use
> case is:
> >
> > 1. User does not enter username/password 2. The
> form is
> > re-displayed with error messages 3. User enters
> correct
> > username/password 4. The form calls do-login url,
> which then
> > redirects to "portal" using authentication-fw.
> >
> > Questions.
> >
> > 1. Initially I assumed that if I just configured
> the coplet
> > with handleParameters = true, CForms would have
> access to
> > request parameters.  Not true.  Does this mean
> that
> > handleParameters only works in conjunction with
> > html-event-link transformer?
> >
> Yes (unfortunately I think).

:-(  I actually find that having request parameters
directly available to coplets would simplify things
quite a bit in general.  However, come to think of it,
it probably wouldn't have helped my case, since I
would still need to do the redirect to do-login inside
my portlet pipeline.

> > 2. I switched to using html-even-link trasformer
> > configuration.  Now could get through steps 1-3.
> > However, in step 4, calling do-login results in
> portal being
> > displayed *inside* my login coplet.  I've looked
> at
> > HTMLEventLinkTransformer code, and it makes
> external =
> > true/false distinction only for links, not for
> forms.  At the
> > same time, event if it did, I don't see how it
> would work in
> > my case anyway, since in step
> > 2 I would need to have external=true and in step
> 4, external=
> > false for the same form?  Am I making sense here
> at all?
> >
> Yes, makes sense to me :)
>
> > Seems like I'm just missing some basic
> information, but ATM
> > completely lost :-)
> >
> Hmm, no the problem is that your call to do-login
> happens inside
> the coplet. So it's the content of your coplet that
> you change
> with the call - not the whole portal itself.
> I'm not sure if this is possible at all - at least I
> don't see
> a solution right now (which doesn't mean that there
> isn't).

I've been thinking about this for a while, let me see
if I can collect my thoughts and make a separate post
on this topic.

Thanks,
-Alex