cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject [portal] Implementing Login coplet with CForms
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 14:59:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to implement login coplet using CForms,
which nicely allows me to validate required inputs as
well as e-mail format.  I understand there are
generally two options:

1. Flow: Implement login coplet as a CachingURICoplet.

This works fine except for the last step where I need
to call: sendPage("do-login"), which portal interprets
as an internal coplet call (this has been discussed
earlier on this list).  BTW, Carsten, I have noticed
the "external" attibute for links, which works like a
dream for these kinds of situations! :-)

2. Actions: Implement login coplet as a URICoplet and
use actions instead of flow.

I've tried this as well, however CForms populate form
attributes from request, which is not available for
URICoplets.  I tried adding:

<attribute>
  <name>handleParameters</name>
  <value xsi:type="java:java.lang.Boolean"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">true</value>
</attribute>

but it didn't seem to have any effect, the request was
still blank.

Is there a way of making request parameters available
to CForms?

Thanks,
-Alex