cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Anna Bikkina <a...@pinksheets.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon portal and excel
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 20:21:40 GMT

>You will also want to make
> sure that the excel page is then generated into a new frame and not as part
> of the portal page.

This is something I am looking for. How can we generate the excel page in a
new frame. Here is the code that I used. The file is quotehistory.xsp

I have a xsp page which has 2 submit buttons.

		        	 <input name="submit1" value="GO" type="submit"/>
		        	 <input name="submit1" value="EXCEL" type="submit"/>

Both refer to the same href.
Note: The href points to the same file.
		<form href="cocoon:/coplets/search/quotehistory.xsp" method="get">

In my site map here is the match for quotehistory.xsp	. Check the map:select
that I am using. When user clicks on GO then I want the out put to displayed
on the screen. When user clicks EXCEL I want the output to be displayed in a
excel file. When I click on GO its working fine, when I click on EXCEL it
isnot generating a excel page it is displaying output in the same coplet but
it is not tranformed well because it is not html. Also when I click on GO and
the output comes to QuoteHistoryResult.xsp . in this page I placed a
hyperlink that would generate excel that works. The xsl file and serializer
that I am using are just the same and that works. Dont know where the problem
is.

<map:match pattern="quotehistory.xsp">

        <map:act type="validator">
    		<map:parameter name="descriptor" value="context://newhistoryserver/defs/
descriptor.xml"/>
    		<map:parameter name="validate-set" value="securityquote"/>

		    		<map:generate type="serverpages" src="quotehistoryresult.xsp"
label="raw">
		    			 <map:parameter name="from" value="quotehistory"/>
		    		</map:generate>
		    		<map:select type="request">
					    <map:parameter name="parameter-name" value="submit1"/>
					    <map:when test="GO">
				    		<map:transform src="context:/newhistoryserver/styles/
searchresult.xsl"/>
		    			    <map:serialize/>
					    </map:when>
					    <map:otherwise>
						   		<map:transform src="context://newhistoryserver/styles/
page2xls.xsl"/>
								<map:serialize type="xls"/>
					    </map:otherwise>
					  </map:select>
				  </map:act>
     <map:generate src="quotehistory.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
     <map:transform src="context:/newhistoryserver/styles/search.xsl"/>
     <map:transform src="context:/newhistoryserver/styles/
dynamic-page2html.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

Thank you for the patience.