cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [portal] Transfering control from CachingURICoplet to portal
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 14:10:15 GMT

> Hmm, I think you can simply use flow for your two
> "Edit" use cases.
> But then this requires that you display the "result"
> in a coplet
> and not instead of the whole portal page. So, for
> example the
> search result will be displayed in the coplet. This
> should work.

Well, that would be a different requirement, wouldn't
it?  Let me see if I can describe it better:

- "Search Results" coplets lives on "Search tab" and
"Edit Search" coplet exists on a different page under
"Preferences" tab.
- I'd like to use CForms to implement "Edit Search"
coplet, so that I can validate user entry.  This now
means I'm also using flow.
- When I'm done editing my search, the coplet displays
"Save search and view results" button.

Because the coplets are on different tabs, I cannot
"re-use" the same coplet window.

At this point, my understanding is that I can use flow
to do:
search.save();
sendPage(???);

So, the "???" seems to be the issue.  It feels like
there needs to be a flow exit point for
CachingURICoplets.

> For thinks like registration coplets etc., you have
> to go another
> way. The main problem, if you're using the
> CachingURICoplet
> and the provided pipeline, is that all links (and
> form actions)
> inside the coplet are rewritten to point to the
> portal. So you can
> only influence the contents of the coplet but not
> the whole page.

Exactly!

> If you influence the way, the links (form actions)
> are generated,
> you can do what you want. So, for example, you could
> generate a
> <myspeciallink href="registration-pipeline"/> and
> replace
> this tag lateron on the "portal" pipeline to a
> So, when the user clicks the link, the request is
> not targetting
> the portal but a different pipeline. You can do
> there whatever
> you want and finally redirect to the portal (if
> wanted).

I'm not sure I understand, are you suggesting just
having an "out-of-portal" page for registration and
not implement it inside a coplet?

Thanks,
-Alex