cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [portal] Transfering control from CachingURICoplet to portal
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 14:53:25 GMT

--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:
> Alex Romayev wrote:
> >
> > Carsten, is there another way of doing this, say
> directly
> > from flow?  I really don't see this as a one-off
> case, where
> > a client JavaScript workaround is good enough.
> >
> Hmm, I think not - you have to do a global redirect
> there and
> this is imho not possible with the portal.
>
> Carsten

Seems like a fairly common use case though,
registration is one example.  A couple of others:

- "Edit saved search": on submit, write the edited
search to the database, open another page which would
run the search and display the results.
- "Edit user preferences", on submit save info to the
database and open a portal page reflecting the new
preferences.

Is there another way of implementing these types of
coplets, other than CachingURICoplet, which work
better within portal?

-Alex