cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject minimise Wiki vandalism (Was: Wiki conversion status)
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 08:16:37 GMT
Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
> David Crossley schrieb:
> > Is it possible to generate a list of vandalised pages?
> > For example one pattern is "emmss.com".
>
> Google has brought up a list, although it is not as efficient (and
> actual) as a find/grep:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awiki.cocoondev.org+Wiki.jsp+emmss.com
> But it gives you some impression, without needing access to the Wiki server.
>
> > On the other hand, we could probably run some 'find | grep'
> > commands on the server-side after the conversion.
> >
> > --David
>
> Andreas.

Thanks. Of course Google is probably out-of-date.
We have Antonio on our side and probably all those
are now found.

The interesting point that this raises is that this particular
attacker is only going for Main, LeftMenu, LeftMenuFooter, SandBox
which are common pages. I think that this might support my
hypothesis about an automated attacker.

--David