cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wiki conversion status
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 01:21:47 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> The only remaining thing I _could_ do is where Moin detects CamelCase
> and makes links of it. These can be worked around with !CamelCase, which
> stops it becoming a link. But that one we can do manually when we see
> it. ...

It would be good to handle this somehow. We don't want to
encourage people to create a new Wiki page, just because
a text term uses CamelCase.

This is a big problem with describing our Cocoon bits and
pieces, e.g. DirectoryGenerator. The CamelCase gets used
so often in our descriptions.

We would rather that links were deliberately made to the
relevant cocoon.apache.org main documentation, wouldn't we?

Also if it makes links out of everything it sees, then we
will end up with link disease, where a term that is used
multiple times in a sentence has many repetitive links.

--David