cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: International apache branches
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 07:45:27 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello Greg, cocoon devs, forrest devs, lenya devs.
>
> I am thinking about to open up a cocoon/-lenya site in Spain.
> There is a growing community and the majority wants to communicate in
> spanish.

That could be done via local user groups, then the multilingual
people would bring the ideas into the Apache project communities
to be discussed and implemented. We could not fragment or replicate
our actual projects.

> Does anybody knows what the ASF policy for international branches is
> (Greg as chairman)?

I do not know - that question would need to be asked in a
different forum, i.e. not at this project level. I expect
that the short answer is no. Perhaps ask at community@a.org

> How forrest deals with i18n?

We have people at forrest-dev interested in extending Forrest's
internationalization abilities. Please join us.

--David