cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QVote] Release 2.1.5 on May 14th
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 01:49:20 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > The FirstFriday was a little bit active and some Bugzilla
> > issues were addressed. The Roadmap shows that there are some
> > major problems still:
> > http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=25321
> >
> > Do we really want to release in this state?
>
> Yes, we should IMO. Open issues are
>
> 22842
> flow: importPackage/importClass problems creating InitialContext()
> => bug is half a year old, we released it already
>
> 25083
> JXTemplate evaluates expressions in comments, need jx:comment?
> => minor issue
>
> 25285
> Processing pipelines from within flowscript and get various results objects
> => assigned to Sylvain ;-)

Sylvain reminded that it is now closed.

> 25203
> SQLTransformer: duplicate namespace declaration when serializing XML
> => extremely old, I tried to reproduce it on Friday and did not get it
>
> 26753
> Persistent store or cache corruption?
> => For that one we might change the default store.

That was one of the options that was discussed at last
FirstFriday on IRC. However, no-one has done anything
and now we are in a code freeze.

> 27467
> Upgrade all source files to ASF 2.0 license
> => That's of course a *must*.

There are various outstanding issues. IIRC the community
decided to release anyway.

> 28680
> HTML serialization has no space between publicId and systemId
> => Don't know about it, but it seems Xalan related - though you
> wrote it does not happen on command line.

It seems silly to release something that we know will produce
broken output.

--David